We all need a few recipes in our repertoire requiring minimal work and few ingredients yet presentable and delicious.
This recipe for No Bake Cheesecake only takes a few minutes to prepare with three ingredients, some fresh berries and a store- bought graham cracker crust. If preferred, a homemade crust adds only a few minutes to overall preparation time.
This is a great make ahead recipe as well, add the cheesecake filling to the crust, cover and refrigerate then add berries just before serving. No fresh berries? Store-bought pie filling of your choice works great as well.
We’ve been enjoying this cheesecake for years; a family treat as well as a very satisfying dessert for guests.
Although I’ve prepared this too many times to count and recall the recipe by memory occasionally I come across the original clipping from a magazine I purchased while vacationing one summer.
I love a recipe that brings back memories of places and people, it just makes it a little more special!
No Bake Cheesecake with Fresh Berries
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
1/3 cup granulated sugar (for the cream cheese)
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar (for the whipping cream)
1 graham cracker pie crust or make your own (see recipe below)
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken.
- Gradually add the 2 tablespoons sugar and beat until thick.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Continue beating while gradually beating in sugar.
- Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until well blended.
- Spoon into prepared crust and smooth out evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Spoon berries over the surface and serve.
Homemade Graham Cracker Crust (baked or not baked)
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Pinch of salt
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Stir graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and salt together in a large bowl. Add melted butter and stir with a fork.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9” pie plate. Press hard to compact. You can use a glass to press the bottom, but use your fingers to press the sides. Using an empty pie plate, place over crust and press down for an even finish to the crust
- To make a no-bake pie: Chill pie crust for at least one hour before filling. Cover if chilling longer. Make pie as directed.
- To make a baked graham crust: Preheat oven to 325°. Bake crust for 10 minutes, until it just starts to brown. Cool completely before filling.
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- I like to make this cheesecake the day before for a more firm filling.
- Just as delicious using a purchased crust.